Stock Entry Point Article​

Thor Industries Inc – Recreational Vehicle Stocks

Thor Industries is the world’s largest RV manufacturer. It is based in Elkhart Indiana and presents an interesting case for investment in a post-pandemic world. The travel and leisure industry has been badly affected by lockdowns and the spread of the COVID virus. While vaccinations are now underway, it will take some time before the majority of the population around the world gets vaccinated. Therefore, it is highly likely that people will take up self-travel and drives to outdoor locations that minimize the possibility of getting infected by the virus in closed spaces. RV’s are one of the best-preferred ways for such self-travel and therefore demand for products of companies like Thor Industries is likely to go up.

More on Thor Industries

Thor Industries manufactures a variety of RVs. It also sells accessories and related parts. The main channels through which Thor sells its products are independent dealers. It does not follow a franchising model. Thor Industries was founded back in 1980 and has since grown through a series of acquisitions. The main subsidiaries of Thor in the North American region are Airstream, Thor Motor Coach, Keystone, Heartland, KZ, and Jayco. The North American market contributes close to 70% of Thor Industries’ total revenues. The remaining 30% comes from the European market. As of July 2020, there were 2300 dealerships based in the US and Canada that carry Thor Industries’ products. In Europe, that number was roughly 1,000 dealers.

Top Recreational Vehicle Stocks

Thor Industries’ stock closed at $121 on 5th February 2021. The stock was trading at a 1.35% dividend yield at the time. It was up 19% over the preceding 30 days. Another company in the RV manufacturing industry is Winnebago Industries. Its stock closed at $71 on 5th February 2021, trading at a dividend yield of 0.67%. The stock was up 9% during the preceding month. Winnebago Industries manufactures motor homes and motorboats and is based out of Iowa.


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

More Posts

Send Us A Message